The saturation of social media and the abuse of content marketing are just some of the reasons why SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is once again the largest source of traffic for business websites. US companies spent $65 Billion on SEO in 2016 and that number is expected to grow to $72 Billion in 2018*.
Online visitors are impatient. They will only wait an average of four to 20 seconds for a page to load, and even when it does, they will only skim it. So it’s important to make sure that not only does your website appear in the search results, but that it is near the top, because most users are not going to scroll through the whole list of results.
Search engine marketing is imperative to any business’s Internet marketing plan. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting the visibility of a website in a search engine’s natural, or unpaid, results. SEO has advantages but also disadvantages that require careful consideration before you decide on taking that route to grow your business.
- Trusted by Consumers – When they search for a particular product or service, they trust that the top result is the best one. Is it the best? That’s not necessarily the case, but the top result does have some very good search engine marketing thanks to this assumption.
- Trackable – Results are much more satisfying when you can see them laid out right in front of you, and search engine marketing allows you to see just what is and isn’t working.
- Targeted Traffic – The traffic you receive to your website from a search engine is made up of users who searched for applicable search terms related to your business. This is much more productive than meaningless hits that will not turn into sales.
- Takes Time – Unfortunately, search engine optimization does not work overnight. It takes time for a website to rank on certain search terms; slowly, you’ll see your name climb up the ladder of results.
- Competitive Keywords – Some keywords are competitive, which means there are a lot of companies out there, just like you, who are trying to rank on those same keywords. This can make it take longer for you to rank.
- Adjusting to Change – Search engines are often changing their algorithms to get more accurate results, which means one day you can have the number one ranking, and the next day you’ll be at the bottom of the page.
Search engine marketing companies can provide the search engine optimization services that will help you make the most out of your business’s search results. Let them use their expertise to help you grow your online presence, and turn that into new customers and more business.