An effective web design is very important to the success of any business’s website. Consumers just aren’t interested in wasting their time on a website, and in fact, 61% of mobile web users will not visit a mobile site again if it is slow, or hard to navigate. Most mobile phone owners use their phone as their primary Internet source, so this is important to keep in mind.
Consumers don’t like to waste time, and really just skim websites for important information. You want to make sure your site is user-friendly, because if the web user finds your website easy to use, and full of easy-to-find pertinent information, they will likely return to your site again in the future.
Good web design is very important for any business’s website, and therefore, a good web design agency, and the web design services they offer, is indispensable. No matter how good you may think your website already is, a professional web design agency can put their years of experience and training to work on your site, and make it that much better.
The basic elements of a good website are just that: basic, and very simple, and yet these are the elements most often screwed up by amateurs who are trying to make their website look professional. A good web design agency will know what works, and what doesn’t.
The Basics of Good Web Design
- Color Scheme – The color scheme should fit the target audience, and shouldn’t be too overwhelming.
- Usability and Utility – An effective website will be easy for the user to navigate, in order to find the information they need.
- Effective Typography – There should be some variation in the color, size, and type for titles and subtitles, as well as proper spacing throughout the site.
- Design Elements – Design elements should be consistent throughout the site, and the “less is more” philosophy is very important to keep in mind.
- Visited Link State – A color change in a visited link helps the user know which links they’ve clicked on already.
- Solid Layout – White space is necessary to create balance and separate units of information.
If you are interested in designing a new website, or feel the website you currently have is not a good representation of your business, contact a web design consulting firm for a web design quote. Any web design company website will be a good representation of the kind of work that company does, and what they would be able to do for you. A good web design service will create a website that represents your company well, and invites new and returning visitors.