<spanWhen creating a web site for your business, mobile web design is now more important than ever before. With 50% of mobile phone users using their phone as their primary Internet source, and so many of those mobile web users using their phones for online shopping, it’s important to make sure your website is making a good first impression.
It takes a user less than one second to form an opinion about your website, so if your mobile site doesn’t look professional, and is not user friendly, then you’re not making a very good first impression, and potential customers may not want to do business with you.
Check out these common web design mistakes that you’ll want to avoid making on your business’s website.
5 Common Mobile Web Design Mistakes
- Long Page Load Times – Nobody likes to wait for a web page to load, especially if it’s a mobile page. Make sure your mobile site is not too dense and image-heavy, because it will only slow the load time.
- Underestimating Finger Size – It’s important to keep in mind that mobile users will do all their browsing and shopping with their fingertips, so your clickable images need to be large enough, and spaced well enough apart to avoid frustration.
- Adjusting Content for Size – All the elements on your page should be easy-to-read, easy-to-find, and easy-to-navigate. The more simple and streamlined your mobile website, the better.
- Mystery Meat Navigation – Your mobile website needs to be easy to navigate, or users will not return to your site. Navigation that is unclear, not labeled, or doesn’t appear clickable, will take the user much longer to figure out.
- Having a Separate Mobile Website – A responsive website is the best option. Rather than having different URLs for different platforms and sizes, a responsive site has just one website that adjusts its size and content accordingly.
If you’re concerned about your company having the best web design for mobile, that will look professional and be user-friendly, but are unsure of how exactly to put it all together, there are plenty of web design companies out there to provide you with the web design consulting services that you need. A good web design agency will be able to provide you with the best web designers, who have the best web design experience and knowledge to create a great mobile website for you.